ABOUT MONICA MAHLA
Being a perennial Top 10 Coldwell Banker Real Estate agent in the Pittsburgh market is proof that Monica’s formula of working hard, listening to her clients, communicating effectively, and treating them like she would want to be treated gets results and satisfied clients.
Over 30 years in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, living, raising children, volunteering and working in the community has allowed Monica to become an expert in the local market. Understanding the people and the nuances of the many different neighborhoods, gives Monica exceptional insight. Her distinctive ability to combine local market knowledge with a strong work ethic, exacting standards, and the capacity to think on her feet puts her clients at distinct advantage. To Monica, assisting clients with their real estate needs is a big responsibility and one that she takes seriously.
Growing up in northeast Ohio, work has been a consistent part of Monica’s life starting with a first job at 15 years old. She learned early-on that with focus and hard-work you can achieve what you want. In college, Monica worked full time while taking a full course load at night. This dedicated work ethic allowed Monica to reach her goal earning a degree in business administration within four years. After college Monica married and moved to Pittsburgh, where her husband works in a family business.
Never one to rest, Monica and her husband along with their five children, immersed themselves in a busy Pittsburgh life. With family as her priority, she spent many years in what she affectionately calls the “Extreme Volunteerism” phase of her life. This time of family and community turned out to be invaluable in providing her with the ability to prioritize her time and actions, balancing children’s activities, PTG/ PTA, Welcome Wagon, Newcomers Club, and church activities. During this time, Monica was able to gain a strong understanding of the neighborhoods of Pittsburgh, the South Hills and specifically the Peters Township, McMurray, Venetia, Washington County communities.
While seeking a career that would allow Monica the flexibility to work around her growing family, in 1993 Monica began her Real Estate career. It turned out to be the perfect career to leverage her community experiences and contacts, her entrepreneurial spirit, and her work ethic.
Over time through hard-work and word of mouth her business grew. She found her clients appreciated her ability to listen, her honest feedback, and clear communication style. She learned the value of becoming an expert in the South Hills/Washington County market by staying on top of market conditions, and by understanding the importance of staging a home to look its best both in person and online, making sure each property’s unique charm is conveyed.
Over the years, Monica has fine tuned her approach to include four primary points:
- Work Hard
- Understand the Client’s Needs & Goals
- Treat Others Like You Would Expect to be Treated
- Provide Clear Communication & Honest and Direct Feedback
Real Estate is not a social activity for Monica. She recognizes the huge responsibility of being a Real Estate agent and in helping individuals and families achieve their dreams. She enjoys the challenges and diversity that real estate offers and takes pride in the trust her clients have bestowed upon her time and time again. One of greatest strengths is her exceptional problem-solving skills which are put to good use regularly throughout the real estate transaction process. Her focus on providing exceptional service to her clients has led to a business success that is evident by strong repeat and referral business.
Today, over 20 years later, Monica finds herself one of the area’s most knowledgeable and successful agents. She is a member of the Washington Association of Realtors (WGAR) and the Realtor Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh (RAMP), a perennial Top 10 Coldwell Banker Agent in Pittsburgh, a frequent Coldwell Banker Elite Club, RAMP Andron Epiphanon awardee and WGAR Circle of Excellence member.
As a testament to Monica’s real estate prowess, her two of her children, Katie and Robert, have joined her to form the Monica Mahla Real Estate Team. Capitalizing on Monica’s years of experience, Katie’s understanding of technology and desire to educate and Robert’s high energy drive, having the Monica Mahla Real Estate Team in your corner gives you an edge above the competition.
Family and Faith are at the center of Monica’s world. She has five adult children across the country she is very proud of and grandchildren she adores. To Monica everything is better with her husband and family…from exploring Pittsburgh by bicycle to attending a summertime music festival, or enjoying any of Pittsburgh’s great restaurants. She is active in her church and believes strongly in dedicating her time to community groups.
To relax Monica loves spending time in the sunshine! Gardening, travel with family trips to Hilton Head Island, listening to music, cycling through the many Pittsburgh trails, and spending time with family and friends are just some of her many favorite things to do.
EXPERIENCE WITH RESULTS!
- Full time Realtor® for over 20 years
- Multi-million dollar producer
- Over 1,000 Homes Sold
- Certified Relocation Expert
- Certified Previews Expert
- Certified New Construction Expert
- Marketing & Advertising Specialist with proven strategic marketing plan
- Dedicated network of expert professionals for the real estate process: staging, inspections, warranties, repairs, lending, contractors, title work, etc.
Awards & Certificates
- #1 Agent for Individual Sales Volume- Washington-Greene Association of Realtors
- International President’s Circle, Top 4% of Coldwell Banker Realtors®
- Circle of Excellence, Washington-Greene Association of Realtors®
- Andron Epiphanon Fraternity, Realtor Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Exemplary problem solver
- Expert Negotiator
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Focused and determined
- Flexible and accommodating
John Carroll University, Cleveland, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Organizations and Memberships
- RAMP – Realtor Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh
- Andron Epiphanon Fraternity, RAMP
- WGAR – Washington-Greene Association of Realtors®
- WGAR Circle of Excellence
- National Association of Realtors
- Pennsylvania Association of Realtors
- Peters Township Chamber of Commerce- Past Officer and Board of Directors
- Washington- Greene Association of Realtors- Past Board of Directors
- Peters Township Newcomers Club (now Peters Township Newcomers and Neighbors)- Past Officer and Board Member
- League of Women Voters
- Peters Township Business and Professional Women’s Club
READY TO FIND YOUR